Worship Post-Fessional, Sunday October 12, 2008

Wow--having been away in Egypt and then in New Mexico, I feel like I've only been home for Sunday's to lead worship.  It's been a weird feeling.  The teams have done excellent with the short rehearsal times on Sunday mornings to accomodate their missing leader.  Hopefully we'll be back to a regular scheduled worship rehearsal time this week.  We're adjusting our rehearsals for the time being to accomodate the start up of Community groups--so this week we're rehearse on Thursday.

Set List for Sunday
Be Excellent At What Is Good (Romans 16:19)--this was our starter--an old camp song from the 90's (I believe Tomlin did it then).  My son was adament that the correct verse should have been Romans 16:19-20 (which includes part of both verses)
Medley--(This Little Light/Joy, Joy,Joy)--ok, don't laugh-we did these Sunday school/VBS songs today because we were talking about THE ENEMY.  These songs popped up during our planning session because they have the word "DEVIL" in them.  Did you know that these songs didn't have "the devil" verses in them orginally?  They were added them to give some motions and songs to VBS.  It went well.  I saw alot of people smiling as we did this. I can honestly say that this is the first time I've led these two songs with adults or anyone older than 10 (Jeff Berry and Rich Smith don't laugh at me!)
Welcome
Baptism
Sing To The King
We Fall Down
Message--The Big Picture- The Enemy
You Deserve The Glory- I thought about this song during the message.  I knew that the team didn't have the chart or the Media Shout didn't have the words--but I went for it anyway.
It Is Well With My Soul--always a good one--we started on v2 and then to v1 and finally v4--made the people stay on their toes.

This post is part of Sunday Set Lists over on Fred Mckinnon's site.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jim,
No "this little light of mine"!? HAHA, you know, those little songs we sing when we're kids - they stay with us forever. How many of our modern songs from 3 years ago are still 'with us'?

For the Kingdom,
Fred McKinnon
www.fredmckinnon.com
www.theworshipcommunity.com

Jim Drake said...

Fred
We did it with a "Hear Our Praises" kind of feel--so it wasn't OLD SCHOOL. It worked

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

ok, but did you do the MOTIONS? There are some k-i-l-l-e-r motions for Romans 16:19.... video please. :)

Jim Drake said...

Kim

I didn't do the motions..but some did. No video of the motions though :(