Always The Cook, Never The Diner

Today was amazing. It began with simple worship with Fernando Ortega accompanied by a string quartet. It was quiet and serene ( and if I hadn't had my LaMadeline coffee--I'd have been taking some "zzzz's". Then Marcos Witt (from Lakewood Church) brought the house down with his humor and Latino spin on Worship Leaders ( remind me to tell you about the Lion, Calf, Man and Eagle--it's so true). Breakout sessions were good except the afternoon session where one dear sister felt the need to take command of the class and practically run the session. I wanted to hear the guy talk about Multiple Venues--but she was in control...so that was frustrating.

Tonight we had Phillips Craig and Dean--oh my--what sweet worship with songs such as FRIEND OF GOD, MERCY CAME RUNNING, LET MY WORDS BE FEW and my all time fave---CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST. Oh it was wonderful. They raised the blinds on the window (large picture window behind the altar tonight) so we could see the sunset over the Hill Country and the bird flying around. What a magnificent view.

The big thing today for me was the realization that I'm most like the cook in the kitchen who is always cooking for other people (planning worship and such) and never taking most importantly the fact that I have to have this spiritual nutrition for myself or else I cannot lead or prepare worship. It's strange when the Spirit speaks those things to you.

0 comments: