The End From The Beginning

The End From the Beginning
As I write this we are about 6 hours out from New Dehli. It’s about 6 AM in the states and we are presently over the Baltic Sea. Who would have ever thought a little West Texas boy would be flying over the former communist nations of Poland, Czechloslovokia and Russia?
There are on this Boieng 777 neat little monitors at the back of each seat where you can chose between 15 channels of TV/Movies and Radio as well as a neat little feature that shows you exactly where you are on the Map route. One of the best pictures is when they show you the whole earth and show you the Day/Night--where it’s Daytime and where it’s night. You can literally see the beginning of one day and the end of the next. Fascinating.
No one really knows what will happen in a day. Normalcy, jobs, situations, events and the like are all ordained of God. Only He knows what a day will hold and seeing this little map reminds me that he knows the beginning and the end. That comforts me.\

What time is it?
My clock on this computer says that it’s 6 AM Monday morning in the states. By their calculations we should land in Dehli somwehere around 11:45 PM or about lunch time stateside. That would mean that we had been in process of getting here a little less than 21 hours. Yep--it took us until 10 PM to leave the states because of the icing situation in Chicago. It was a long, long wait for them to finally take off.
We ate dinner around 11PM-yum, don’t you know that my stomach was going “What are you doing to me?” I tried not to sleep-but when I hit the mark @ 3AM Texas time--I was toast. I woke just about 3 hours ago--so I think I can go again. Right now it’s supper time in Dehli and I just had my lunch bag--so my clock is really going to be messed up--Breakfast is lunch is suppoer ---something like that.

0 comments: