No place like home!!!


There's no place like home. Yes, we are on American (pun intended because we're on American Airlines) soil.

We waited 6 hours in the Visitor Center @ Dehli aiport yesterday. And, it wasn't wasted time as we all three did some "talking to the home office wirelessly" while we were there. Met many people from across the world that we probably wouldn't have met if we had made our earlier connections.

We prayed and prayed for 3 open spots when we finally entered the terminal @10:00 PM. The first guy wasn't too sure that we'd be able to get on. As we stood there for the first 30 minutes and watched people upon people begin to arrive, I wasn't too sure either. We finally gathered around our luggage and said " Lord, you know our needs--we trust you." But the guy told me again not to count on going...so I began to trudge off to find a phone to start the process of getting a flight out on another airline. While I was gone, he came urgently looking for me-some breakthrough had happened. As we got to the front, he said "Who do you know? Someone has secured tickets for you? There are printed e-tickets in our box?" We just looked at each other.

And so--we got the last 3 seats on the plane--the very last seats---the last row in the back near the galley. But we were willing to ride in the cargo bay if needed.

Landed at ORD @ 5:40--through customs by 6:45--but not in time for our DFW connection and so we went later. And--as it works out, I was able to catch up with my seminary roomie, Scott (who works for AA) and we chatted for a few minutes. Conincidences? I don't think so. I think Sovereingn Boss is in control of everything. What a great surprise to see a familiar face after 9 days away. Thanks Scott! (See picture)


Now--we're in DFW and they don't know if our flight to Lubbock is going to go. I just laughed out loud. To struggle to come 8K miles to get here and now the flight to Lubbock is iffy. But hey--I can walk home from here. Cause, there's no place like home. Dororthy, the great theologian, is right!

0 comments: