The Drakes and the USO Show


Our family participated in the local USO Show Sunday afternoon at the Ritz Theater. It was a musical review in honor of Veterans and in conjunction with Veterans Day on Tuesday. We sang "White Christmas" and then Taylor and I did a duet with "Baby It's Cold Outside".

Most of these pictures were taken back stage. Taylor was with me in the BLUE shots. She turned around and looked at me and I said "Taylor, you look like Nana!" (My mom). It was really scary how much she looks like pictures of my Mom in the 40's.

Anyway, we had lots of compliments for our family singing together. Maybe we'll do more of it.

4 comments:

Darla said...

wish i could have heard you guys. i have always thought Taylor looked a WHOLE lot like you, so i guess Nana is the reason? :)

Anonymous said...

i saw a picture of my Grandma. did the cloggers and the kitchen band perform?

Jim Drake said...

Chuck

Just the cloggers... they were great! When I took that picture I wasn't thinking about putting it up on the blog--but glad you got to see her. Now come see her in person so I can finally meet you!

Jim Drake said...

darla

you all should have sung! it was fun but I was tired last night!