Worship Post-Fessional, Nov. 16, 2008

Here's what we did today in late worship. Our topic today was :THE LAW!
Set List

All Because (Fee) Our drummer did a kick'n track to this...wow. Thanks David!

Turn/Greet

Be Glorified (Tomlin)

Video-Stupid Criminal


Welcome

Offertory

We Rejoice (Sadler) 1994 Integrity. How many of you remember this one? Sam Perry did it on an early Passion release. Ah.. good memories of that album. "WE ARE FREE FROM THE LAW"

Scripture Reading-Psalm 63:3-4. (Because your love is better than life, my lips will praise you...)

Because of Your Love (Baloche) We don't usually rock out before the sermon, but we did today. I started the chorus simply with piano at the beginning to transition from the scripture. Then we KICKED IT!. Enough said.

Law or No Law (Stupid Laws we have around the US)  Go to www.dumblaws.com or www.loonylaws.com

Message

Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) Tomlin--a great closer!

So, how was your Sunday?

This post is part of Sunday Setlists over on Fred McKinnon's blog.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Jim - you're FIRST today!

For the Kingdom,
Fred McKinnon
www.fredmckinnon.com
www.theworshipcommunity.com

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

Hi Jim,
That was a funny bumper vid.
Good songs today.

Fit2praise said...

Jim,

We had a bunch of requests from our congregation to do Voice of Truth, so we did. It's been little while, so we brought it back out today. If a large portion of your church likes CC, go for it. The bridge is really powerful.

Brad

Beth said...

Sounds like a great day.

I remember that early passion stuff; we were in Fort Worth and I remember seeing Sam and Nathan and Christy Nockels leading a small local workshop thing in FW.

What happened to Sam? He stepped back from Passion stuff somewhere in the mid/late 90's. Any idea where he is now?

Jim Drake said...

Beth

Sam is at a new church in Sugarland, Texas with Neil McClendon. Don't know the name of the church but he's been there almost a year. Good stuff...doesn't seem like that long ago these songs were in our top 10.

Jim

Steff said...

We did "Because of Your love" too!
Great set!

Jim Drake said...

Steff

Because of Your Love is one of my all time favorites--though I'm not sure if everyone sings along on the YEAH part. Oh well.

Unknown said...

I'm pretty for sure I could have picked that safe up if I made it that far. Ha.

No shave November is going great. My wife hates it and I love it....couldn't be better : ) 2 more weeks to go and this thing is going to get crazy.

Jim Drake said...

Jon

Me too (on the safe thing) I could squat 500 pds (ha ha)

I do a semi beard thing--from Wed-Sat. I kind of let it go and then clean it up for Sunday morning. I do have a goatee that I've had for 7 years--so I guess that counts.

Anonymous said...

We introduced "Because Of Your Love" a few weeks back. Great song.

Anonymous said...

Dang, I've been caught, wait, even I'm not that stupid.

Nice video.

Jim Drake said...

David

I know man--sometimes you just have to shake your head. And then I think what must the Lord think when I make stupid mistakes... I don't know that I make him laugh.

Thanks for stopping by.