GLT--it doesn't stand for what it means

GLT--Green Line Tours has been our tour company for the last two days. If we weren't totally impressed yesterday in Pompeii, they did everything to make sure that impression stayed today in Florence. We were extremely rushed through Florence and arrived there late. We were herded through the Academia to see David (totally awesome, Suzanne you were right) and then herded again to the Public square to see all of the statues( ''You see statues...now we go!'') I'm not joking. I felt like i was my 15 year old dog being dragged from place to place. We renamed the GLT--the Get LOST Tour as it seemed that our guide didn't know where he was going most of the time.

After a good lunch we had.....1 HOUR before the bus left for Roma. No Ponte Vechio, no time for shopping. We were upset and let our guide know it. I don't think it mattered I think his lunch was 100 proof. We tried to visit some of the leather shops, but the area they took us to was full of overly priced, cheap stuff. So we protested again and had gelato!

We did see where Michaelangelo was born (yippee--get me on to the shopping please) but it's just a plaque (Boring). The Duomo was amazing and the architecture here is wonderful. My sister says all I take pictures of are doors and windows.

Got back here to hotel around 9;00 and went to our little Pizzaria down the street. Had the most wonderful bowl of soupa (Onion) and split a Pizza. I'm serious when I say that if you've never tasted true Italian pizza---You haven't lived.

Tomorrow is the Vatican (Audience with Pope). We hope that our guide isn't the same as today. We may be on the lookout for the preacher boy that we met on Sunday. He was excellent and we didn't pay a thing for him. Just goes to show--trust your own instincts. From here on out we're here in Rome and will do our own thing. Piazza NOvona, the Pantheon and Villa Borghese are on the list for tomorrow plus some shopping. I resisted the urge to buy the boxer shorts in Florence that had...uhmm David on them.(If you know what I mean!) Too much!

Sorry there are no pics...this computer in the hotel doesn't have a flash reader and to walk down to the Internet place in Barberini wouldn't be smart this time of night. I'll let you know when they are up on webshots or something. Today was the first day since Sunday that I've had my digital camera.

Arrivderce!

Paulo

1 comments:

Brady & Christy Traywick said...

jimmy.....what up grits? glad to hear that you are now bathing....sorry i missed the first couple of days. our busiest and most productive week thus far in a-town.....two preps this week for two different environments, should be fun! our living arrangements may change soon.....blessed are the flexible, but then again you are learning that with your smelly self. be sure to give the pope a good game for me!

ps.....hopefully you are reading!!!