The Longest Day of My Life --Part Deux (or Planes, Trains and Automobiles)

Home....arrived just minutes ago. And oh what a day this has been.

I was booked on the 3:55 flight out of Dallas--already told you that, but the mess that I had to get through to get to that flight is a story in itself. Seems that the weather in Dallas this morning choked the system and thus flights going east couldn't leave their gates and flights coming west could get to Dallas but not to the gate. So---a traffic jam. They shuttled us 6 different times to 5 different gates--I think it was all a cat and mouse game because they knew that the injuns were getting restless on the reservation. Finally the last time that they moved us I let out a sigh and others too audible enough for them to know that we weren't taking this lightly. Be careful who you sigh in front of, the guy next to me was a prominent Baptist church leader (oh well, he'll never recommend me for a position--not to worry, he doesn't know me from Adam--but ya never know!!)

Finally left for Lubbock @ 6:00 and landed there only to find that my bags didn't make it to Lubbock either. So, started and ended with no bags---some consistency there.

And, to top things off--my car was deader than a doornell in my brother's driveway. Seems no action on a 1997 Sub. for a week makes it go in to sleep mode. Had to jump it to get going.....boy, now you know why I feel like I was in the movie--PLANES, TRAINS and AUTOMOBILES.....

Back to life in Scurry county....

0 comments: