The Longest Day of My Life

I'm here at DFW...just a few more hours til I'm home. It's so nice to be typing on an American keyboard. Please forgive the typos in the previous posts. The keyboard @ the hotel was an international keyboard and the strokes and keys I'm used to are not in the right place.

We began yesterday morning (about 7:00 Rome time--Midnight here in Texas) Flight was 10:30 there and arrived here in States @ 2:00.. Ok..doesn't sound like a long flight. Jeessh....10 hours in the air is maddening, especially when you don't have any personal electronics to keep you busy.

I started the day off with a thought that a sleeping pill might help...wrong thing. I didn't have much in my tummy so by about 1 hour into the flight I thought I was going to be sick. That would be great.... I gathered myself in the bathroom and came back and sat down. I'm not one to get air sick or motion sick so I just attribute it to the high altitude and no food in my tummy. Lunch was chicken with pesto--but I didn't want to go there. I ate bread and sprite.

By the time we landed in the states it was midevening in Rome...almost 11 hours difference and I was feeling it. Had a long layover in NYC then delayed departure from there before finally arriving in Dallas @ 10:00 (1 hour late). Then to hotel by 11:00. My room was suppose to be N Smoking...but it wasn't and I was too tired to fight.... Slept pretty good except I think my clock is still Roman.

Interesting thing this morning, I met two Italians @ breakfast. They are here to see the states. I recognized the italian they were speaking... I stopped and showed them my pictures and we talked about Rome and America. They were having problems exchaning money here in the states...something you don't have a problem with in Europe (wonder why that is?)

Ok...this is all until I get home and see the family. Will continue to post my thoughts on travel, life and culture. It's been an eye-opening trip

Paolo

1 comments:

Jim Drake said...

Not home yet....delayed.

Read the next post... I'm so ready to be home

Yes...I feel the power nap coming. It's getting to be evening in Roma. I find myself still trying to speak Italian. Did you see that I met 2 Italians this morning at the hotel

See you tomorrow!

Paolo