You Can Survive

I'm living proof that you can survive in Rome on anything. As of now (7;00 pm) my bags have still not arrived from the airport. So when you see my pictures and I'm wearing the same thing--it's because I am. Amazing how you can come back to your room and rest a bit--and put the same clothes back on and go at it again. Ok Beth--you were right--should have carried on the luggage.

Today was full day. First church at St. Susannas church. Yes--its a Catholic church--but it's right down the street from our hotel. Service was in English and the message was from Mark--on 'Who do you Say I Am' interesting since that has been our series since August at church.

Following church we made our way to the Termni and caught a Christian Tour bus that allowed us to get on and off for the day. So we rode to the Coliseum and found another improptu tour given which gave us the pass to Col. and also a guided tour through Palatine Hil. Excellent--best Euros spent. First Guide--we called him Paulo was a walking History Channel. He's one of Rome's finest tour guides we found out later. Walked in the Col. and was overwhelmed. I did read Romans 8 while looking over the ground below. ' What then shall separate us from the love of Christ' Chill bumps. On to lunch across the street at a side standa. Pannini lunch on run--just right. Then met our guide for P.Hill. I called him Ian since he had a thick Scottish Brogue. Guess what his name was---IAN! Wow--I'm good--but so was he. We climbed the hill of the palaces--our GLUITIMUS MAXIMUS were working (that's not the name of an Empourer for those who don't know). Overlooked the Forum--Awesome! and then we found the free tour by a guy named Jason (I called him Todd--but it was Jason) An interesting character who we just knew had some trick up his sleeve. We followed him all the way through the forum to the steps of the church across the street from where Paul and Peter were imprisoned. There he gave the best SERMONETTE I've heard. I told Susie--he would be a great preacher. come to find out he did a Master's Degree at Yale in Historical Theology. Talked to him after and think he may be running from his calling. Just a hunch.

You meet so many people here. We met a couple named Verna and John who heard us talking about Texas. They are from Dallas too. He saw me pull out my scriptures toward the end of the tour when I was reading from 1 Peter and also from Acts. Had a great conversation with them. I guess it just proves we are all Roman of some sort.

It has been raining terribly here. Our feet are wet and our clothes--but not our spirit. We've had a great time. Off to supper now--lots of pasta and get ready for a 6:30 alarm for the trip South to Naples.

What a great day and I have thought about many of you in the states reading this. Just an encouragement to you that the Spirit is alive in well--in all places and at all times to accomplish what He wills.

Blessings to my family and home group meeting tonight. May you do the wise thing

Ciao!

Paulo

0 comments: