Less Than 48 Hours

Ok..it's Wednesday night before I head to Italy. Tomorrow will be a busy day as I try to wrap things up here and get on the road. I'm excited to be going-but I'm also very tired physically. I hope that I can sleep on the train.

Have been busy doing my last minute things in the office. I want this trip to Rome to also be spiritual--so I've downloaded a study on the book of Romans (some 107 pages). This will give me some things to study in some down time. Just reading through some of the background stuff, I understand that Paul was writing these books (the Prison epistles) during these last years of his life. He would have known full well of the persecution of the church in Rome by Nero. So when I read from Romans 8 today ("There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus) I fully understood that this message was intended to encourage the believers in Rome--to hold up and persevere. I can imagine thinking of that verse when I stand @ the Coliseum and know that persecuted and condemned men and women were killed because of the name of Christ. Wow--if i can feel that here--what will it be like when I'm there.

More tomorrow

0 comments: