NATIONAL WORSHIP LEADER CONFERENCE--The Tabernacle Experience

One of the things that I was looking forward to the most of the trip to NWLC was the Tabernacle Experience.  Carlton Dillard had already told me that this was part of the conference and I couldn't wait.  

It took until last night to get in.  They only allow a certain number of people to go through and experience it at a time.  I snagged the last ticket of the evening and thought I had missed it because of a sudden shower storm.  But I didn't.

What I experienced was incredible!  I already knew about Prayer stations and such, but this one was so invigorating for me.  To actually walk through the steps of the tabernacle and the things that the priest would do when he would enter into the most holy place were very moving for me.

Some highlights: 
    1. Offering  a burnt offering (a piece of wood) into the fire of the Burnt Offering--wow!
    2. Washing my hands in the laver in front of the temple
    3. Lighting the lampstand (which reminded me of the scripture in Rev. where it says that heaven needs no light--because Jesus is the light!)
    4. Taking communion at the Table of Bread 
    5. The Altar of incense---I once thought this was an irritating smell--not so anymore.
    6. The Holy of Holies---to actually see the smoke and the incense surrounding the throne was very moving.

Then I headed into worship and Don Moen led us in a sweet time of worship where we sand " I Just Want to Be Where You Are" and "Thank You" and "I Offer My Life To You" (as a pleasing sacrifice.   You know that I was undone at that point--tears were really flowing but my mind was still going through the experience of the tabernacle.   So much more to think about--but I thought I'd share this experience with you today.

You can learn more about the Tabernacle Experience here.

This post is part of Creative Chaos on RagamuffinSoul.

3 comments:

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

Thank you and thank tabernacle experience…
this is the type of thing I look for all the time...
For several years now, I have been fascinated with the concept of the veil tearing in the tabernacle when Christ died, allowing us all free access to God in the holiest of holies through Christ’s ultimate sacrifice...
It's a mind blower for me.
I actually designed a very simple “tearing of the veil” element for junior high camp one year. Trying to explain how important this one moment in time was…
Now it just exploded in my brain!
Going to work with it…
It will be awhile before this extrapolation comes to fruition.
Thank you, thank you, thank you….for being my eyes and ears at the conference…

Anonymous said...

i really love this idea. gives a whole new feel to something that is very old testament. good stuff jim.

Jim Drake said...

tyler--very doable by any church

if the experience comes to your area--go!