Glory Be---I'm In Glorieta!



As I write this I have finally made it to the Baptist Mecca of "Glorieta" (Glorieta New Mexico that is). We're just outside of Santa Fe at the Baptist encampment for a week of Senior Adult Fall Enrichment classes. We left early this morning and enjoyed a leisurely trip up to the mountains. It's cold here... 40 degrees tonight and to be in the upper 30's by the morning. Let's see--1 week ago 115 in Egypt; tonight 40 in New Mexico. My body is really messed up.

I've always wanted to come to Glorieta. It's the site of many large Baptist gatherings through the year. It has been the site of many missionary commisioning services and my parents came here in their days of ministry for training and encouragement. I'm looking forward to the week--especially the Fall colors in the Aspen trees.

Dr. Jim Henry is the pastor for the week and we're singing some old hymns--but everyone is having a great time. I got my first look at the new Baptist hymnal that was debuted here this summer. Interesting!

0 comments: