Come Thou Font!

No, the title of this post isn't wrong. I'm not talking about the old hymn COME THOU FOUNT, but I was interested in this article I read about the 16 most overused fonts.

With the advent of the desktop computer, everyone has become a publisher and print master.  It was only a few years ago that the printer and publisher could distinguish between fonts and character.  What did we know about it?   We only had the typewriter, which if we were lucky enough had only an interchangeable ball in the Selectric model.   We didn't know the difference.

Today you can distinguish yourself and your product by the font that you use.  Look at this site and see the different fonts that are available. Some of them are named by the product that they represent.

Which font do you use the most?  I'm probably a Trebuch MS man myself or Gill Sans--but maybe I need to break out of my rut.  

Be sure and check out the link below. It has some great resources on Fonts!

Other posts:  Font Love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link love, Jim. Glad you found my post on fonts interesting. If it makes some people to think a bit before choosing a font for their tasks, the world would be a more beautiful place to live in ;)

Jim Drake said...

Vivien

I'm really enjoying your site. Have it bookmarked to explore some more. I'm forwarding it to a friend who was asking me some of these same questions about Branding and stuff the other day. Great resource. Thanks for sharing