My Travelling Companion

You know in blogs you always learn something that you didn't know about the blogger.  It's usually something unique and particular to the blogger and today's post won't disappoint. 

You see for some 10 years now I've been travelling to conferences and mission trips, overnight things with my job, camps, meetings, weekends away from my family.   What started out as a joke between my wife and I has blossomed into a family tradition.

This little stuffed puppy, CANDY, is packed somewhere in my luggage each time I'm away from the family--as a reminder that they love me and miss me.  CANDY has been to India, Guatemala, Mexico, Rome, London and France as well as many stateside conferences.  It's alwasy surprising to see where the kids or my wife have hidden it.  I'm amused to think that the hotel cleaning crew comes in and finds a stuffed animal in a business room in a busy hotel.  I'm sure it's been the talk of the hotel.

So, what does your family do to remind you of them while you are away?  Do you take a picture of your family with you?   

1 comments:

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

That is so sweet. How blessed you are...