CREATIVE CHAOS--Christmas Eve-Prep and Producing





















It's getting too close to Christmas and time is running out on this project.  We wrap up our series "THE BIG PICTURE" this weekend and it's time to assemble all of the pieces of the picture together to finish up the series.    That calls for one large frame!

The finished structure will be 14' wide and about 12' tall.  I had a little issue this morning that set me back as I remembered I had printed the pictures @ 43x43. However when they were mounted--they were cut down to 43X37--so I had to recut the structure this morning to make it fit.

I'll post the final pictures this weekend after we get it installed.  We'll add four more pieces to it to change the look for Christmas eve.

This one has been a challenge since I lost my woodworker friend Richard who used to do this construction for me.  I'm no carpenter by trade and working with wood and measurements sometimes frustrates the creative in me--you have to be so precise!  More than once today I've had to walk away from the project or I was going to pull the rest of the hair on my bald head out.

I have some new tools (a small table chop saw and a pneumatic nailer) that I've been using on this project--so that has been part of the slowness.  Learning new tools on a big project like this probably wasn't the smartest thing.
Are you handy with carpentry stuff?

2 comments:

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

Oh goodness no, I have zero carpentry skills.
I just had a non-church going guy say he wanted to start helping with construction and he is moving (temporarily). Ugh! But, he is visiting our church this weekend-to see what I have been talking about. Yippee!
It looks great! Thanks for the pics. I look forward to the finished product.
I'll be praying for you...

Jim Drake said...

dorothy

can't wait for this project to be over. I've learned a lot--and have enjoyed my new toys. But I still miss Richard!!!

Watch for pics this weekend on Sunday Set List.

Merry Christmas