Worship Post-Fessional--Christmas Eve

Set List:

Pre-service Music-- Harp prelude by Kim Gorman (joined on last song of "Little Drummer Boy" by Zach Lewis)
Worship led by Combined praise team vocals, worship choir and senior adult choir
Joy To The World (Casting Crowns)

O Come All Ye Faithful (Casting Crowns)

Welcome To Worship
we did 4 songs from the musical "I'll Be Home For Christmas" (Brentwood Benson)
Home for Christmas Medley (I'll Be Home for Christmas, Home for the Holidays)
Good Christian Medley (I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Sing We Now of Christmas)
Welcome to Our World
Let Christmas Come--this last one we emphasized the military and missionaries who aren't home for Christmas this year.

Skype phone call to our missionaries in Brazil

The First Noel (Praise Charts arr.)

Advent Reading--The Christ Candle
Message--Pastor

The Lord's Supper
Carol of the Bells--piano solo
Passing The Light--Candles lit
Silent Night (Casting Crowns)--great arrangemet--simple and beautiful
Prayer/Blessing
Joy To The World-Instrumental
(As the people left I had my kids go "ring" the bells (they're really recorded bells) in the bell tower.  We pealed the bells for 10:00 mintues)

How was your Christmas eve?

1 comments:

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

Christmas eve, my church doesn't have a service. :^(
But, I get to spend it with one set of my grandchildren. It was delightful.