Twitter Makes You A Better Writer?

I have a reader who just loves this Twitter bird--this is for you!

I found this article today about how Twitter makes you a better writer. Let me highlight some of the points for those of you who may not make the journey to the article.

1. Twitter forces you to be concise
With only 140 characters given you in Twitter-you can't say everything and so you keep it short and simple. I 've noticed that it has influenced my posts (yeah, this one is going to be over 140) but most of my posts have been getting shorter.

2.Twitter forces you to use the dictionary
Being forced to used on 140 characters, you have to find shorter words with the same meaning. (I don't know about this one--my vocabulary is about the same and I find that reading books increases my vocabulary better than Twitter)

3. Twitter forces you to hone your editing skills
You'll look and look back through your words and eliminate the flowery language and give
only the important details.

Article by Jennifer Blanchard
Does Twitter make you a better writer?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post. twitter also makes you learn how to shorten words and use code in order to maximize your 140 characters. LUV IT!