Golf For Dummies-for Me!



Today I was able to follow my oldest child, Taylor, as she played the back 9 at her second golf tourney of the year. I'm the first to admit, I know nothing about golf. Yeah, being a minister I probably should have learned the standard "trade game" of pastors, but the only times I've been on the golf course..well, I hit every tree on the course. I've just given up on going golfing.

But my oldest has taken to the sport, obviously a tribute to her Unlce who love to play, and so today I got to watch her. I knew nothing about the rules. Heck, I couldn't even see the ball when it went flying through the air. I had to constantly ask her "Where did your ball go?". Anyway, despite my stupidity I picked up on the basics of the game rather quickly. We enjoyed our day together and I must say my legs are tired after 9 holes (she played 27 holes a week ago--what?). So I'll live vicariously through her and watch her play golf. It's more fun that way and I get to spend time with my first born who won't be around much longer.

0 comments: