Worship Sunday February 24th

Here's the set list from today:
A Thousand Hallelujahs! (Opener)--new song, we didn't ask them to sing along because it was new. Somehow it didn't energize the people like I thought it would.
Love the Lord (Lincoln Brewster)-- Not a new song--but you might have thought it was. We wore the tread off this one in October. People weren't engaged with this one either.
Your Grace Is Enough-(Maher) Some more engagement...
How Can I Keep From Singing (Tomlin) ...hmmm
Amazing Grace (on the fly--people were'nt singing..so I did this one on the fly--some more engagement-but not much
You Gave Your Life Away (Baloche)--response song

Just a heavy feeling in the room today. Don't know what it was. Maybe it's the leader... I dunno.

These are the days that challenge me to keep going.

What was your set list today? What worked? What didn't? At least Chris from Canada (chrisfromcanada.com) was out there enough to tell us last week that his service was...uh...less than stellar. Maybe we all need to admit this more often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"These are the days that challenge me to keep going."

That's leadership, man. If you didn't have the heart of a leader and the spirit of God it would be days like this that would cause you to pack it in.

I haven't done a confessional for the past two Sundays but this is the phrase that came out my mouth several times on Sunday - "Our gathering today was so good that it made last week worth it!"

Jim Drake said...

Yes--leadership is hard work.

I chalk it up to the spiritual battles in the room. Pastor was vision-casting--those type of talks always find themselves in uncertain territory.

Enjoy your time away--your digs are swanky!