The Good Old Days

What happened to the good old days? When I was a child every trip to the Doctor usually ended in the proverbial.."Ok, the nurse will be right in." You knew what that meant. You'd have to turn around and show your second set of cheeks for a brief moment of pain as the antibiotic shot was administered.

I took my 10 year old son to the Doctor today. We've been fighting something with him for over a week and a 4 o'clock wake up this morning with a temp of 100+ was the last straw. As we sat there in the waiting room I remembered with great fear how much I hated going to the Docotr--because of that shot. Now, kids don't fear the Doctor--because their going to give them a Z-pack or some set of tablets.

Where did the good old days go? Do any of you have a memory of this?

1 comments:

Sherry said...

Who could forget those shots? I tried to beat up the doctor one day when he gave one to my screaming brother! I came running in from the other room pounding my fists on him yelling "you leave him alone, right now!" Evidently I thought I was the only one allowed to cause my brother physical harm!!
And Jim, we might have gotten well faster, but those were NOT good days!