Waste, Waste, Waste!

So I was shocked today to read here in the New York Times (ok--don't throw apples yet) that Hillary's Campaign has spent $116 million so far-not to mention the $95K Deli bill that was delivered recently. When I read that I went "What?". You've got to be kidding me! Have we gone mad--for that kind of money to be spent on elections and such is a crime. In light of my friends who just returned from Uganda where it costs $32 a month to sponsor an orphan child, that figure would support---are you sitting down--302,000 children for a year.

I think the national elections should be this way...one week only, no ads, no parties, no banners, a debate for all interested candidates-then we vote and get it over with. Are you as shocked as I was with these figures.

Oh--we have a lot to answer for in the end.

0 comments: