What's It Coming To... Respect in School

I'm sure you've seen it by now. The video of the school bus driver and the kid late last week where the chaos erupts after some unknown incident. You can see it here

After reviewing the tape with my wife this afternoon, we both looked at each other and said " What's it coming to?" I said "Even prison guards don't have to put up with this kind of disrespect."

It's hard on teachers these days. Students don't respect authority and they often flaunt it. Schools have been lax in punishment and somehow "individual" rights have risen up to take away the fundamental principle of : respect for authority.

What's going to happen to the future? Where did we go wrong? Do I sound like my parents- probably so. But I know one thing, I told my kids tonight that if an authority figure (school or otherwise) asks them a question--they are to answer them with respect. The girls' response in this video only fuels the frustration that this bus driver must have felt.

I did see an apology later from the girl in questions---but probably only after she saw how truly awful she was to this lady.

What do you think?

0 comments: