Super Bowl---Who cares


It used to be when I was a young lad that I couldn't wait until the Super Bowl. There was a magical mystique about it and I anticipated it's arrival. Maybe it's because my family made a big deal about it. We would get together as a family, just like Christmas eve, and bring the best food and watch the game together as a family. I can remember those classic games with Dallas vs. Baltimore, and Dallas vs. Miami, and Dallas vs. Denver. Those were exciting games. Maybe just the sense of family being together was the key ingredient.

Tonight's game--well, to be honest--who cares. We'll watch for a bit, but we really have no investment in who wins. Maybe if the Cowboys had come through there might have been more interest, but it will be just another game. Besides, I'm travelling this week and I've got to pack.

Still--fond memories of the Super Bowl past--maybe 42 of them, it's time for another memory maker.

0 comments: