Dreams Really Do Come True

Randy Elrod, creative engineer, dreamed of a place where artists could come together and collaborate, dream and change culture through their art.  This dream, some 6 years in the making, is finally coming true. Randy hosted his first artist retreat this last week near Nashville as he invited 6 songwriters to come together and learn from each other.  Here is a video clip from the week.

I applaud Randy for his tenacity and courage to pursue his dream.  I'm sure that he's been discouraged at times, thinking that it would never come to be.  I'm sure he was tempted to chuck the dream on the pile of other unfulfilled dreams and give up.  I'm sure that he thought that he'd never live to see that day that this dream would come true.  But it did and it has.

Even though Randy's ultimate dream isn't realized yet (Kalein), Randy has begun the journey toward the fulfillment of that dream.   Just proves the point that in order to do your dream, you don't have to wait.  You can begin to do parts of your dream now.  That's a big lesson.

So, I applaud Randy for the success of this week and even more I thank him for being a visible example to dreamers that dreams really do come true.

** I wrote about our trip to the Kalein site in February. You can read about it by clicking the following link.   HT:  Kalein-An Artist Community

0 comments: