Sunday Setlist-- August 17th

Today was the end of vacation for me--so I didn't lead, but I did attend worship.  So, I'll post what was done here and what was done where we attended worship.

FBC Snyder
You, You Are God (Gateway)
Happy Day (Hughes)--we hadn't done this one yet--I'm interested to know how it went
You Are God Alone (Foote)
Your Name (Like Oil) (PCD)--Chorus only
Wonderful Maker
How Great Is Our God
Here I Am To Worship

Worship was led here by Craig Stone from Lubbock.

We attended services this morning at Experience Life church in Lubbock.  It's a church that is less than a year old and meets in a Skating rink (my son thought this was the coolest part--beside the indoor jump house).  They were doing a series "AT THE MOVIES" and served popcorn and coke (another thumbs up from my kids).   We enjoyed the experience (no pun intended).  Their pastor is a fellow blogger too--check out his blog.

Here was their set list
Let God Arise (Tomlin)
Take It All (Houston)
Hallelujah Jesus (Monk and Neagle)
Healer (Hillsong)

My teens were surprised that old daddy knew these songs (especially Take It All and Hallelujah Jesus).

I did learn something by observing worship today.  Most new songs would best be introduced the first week by teaching the chorus first, then add the verses and let the congregation catch the chorus first.  Just dumping them into verse and chorus all at once makes for great observation--but little participation ( I think I was the only one singing for the 3 rows in front and back of me). 

They must be doing something right.  They started a year ago with 300 in worship--had 900 for Easter and are moving to another service sometime in the future.  Mostly couples with kids--it was interesting to see the mix of people coming to this new church.

How was your Sunday?

This post is part of Sunday Set Lists on Fred McKinnon's site.

0 comments: