Worship Post-Fessional, August 24, 2008

Order of Worship:

Friend of God (Houghton)
Majestic (Brewster)
Welcome
All Creatures of Our God and King
Scripture Reading
Creator King
Video--I AM COMMUNITY
Message--Core Value-Relationships
God of Wonders

This was a big day for us:

1. School starts tomorrow---so everyone is back! Yea!
2. We announced our Small Group Strategy--big yea! (This is the focus of our series)
3. First time for all of the teams to be back to normal--no switching this week
4. New Set (more on this later in the week)

Other than some technical issues--it was a great day!

How was your Sunday?

This post is part of SUNDAY SET LISTS over on Fred McKinnon's site.

9 comments:

Gary Durbin said...

We just started using "Friend of God". Great scripture song.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jim,

Thanks for posting this - man, ya'll are staring school a couple of weeks later than us ... nice!

For the Kingdom,
Fred McKinnon
www.fredmckinnon.com
www.theworshipcommunity.com

Jim Drake said...

Fred
Yeah-the state is in it's second year of mandating that ALL schools start tomorrow. For some 10 years or before Schools could start when they wanted as long as they got the days in. some were starting Aug.1--some Aug. 15 and some Aug. 30. It was crazy.

So-it gives a couple of more weeks of vacation and (more people out for church) absences for August. But we're back int he saddle.

Jim Drake said...

Gary

Friend is one of those power songs for us. I introduced it here 3 years ago. I had a testimony from a preschool mom who told me that her 3 year old sings it around the house all the time. Yes--what great truth for a 3 year old or a 93 year old.

Thanks for the comments

J. Mark Miller said...

I keep telling myself I need to introduce Friend of God to my church. Great song.

Jim Drake said...

Jeff

It's become a POWER SONG for us... always a good when everyone is back together (School starting..etc). They really sing this one.

Paul J. said...

I'm surprised that "Friend Of God" still has such legs, personally.
I may have to re-visit my reticence in adding the song...

Courtney Feia said...

Nice set. I'd love to see/hear more about your set change.

Jim Drake said...

Courtney

Thanks for the comments. I'm posting about the set tomorrow on CREATIVE CHAOS over on Ragamuffinsoul.com