Worship Post-Fessional August 10, 2008


Today was wrap up day for Family Camp and also the end of our DEAR SOLOMON series. We had a lot going on during worship--but I felt it all flowed together.

The highlight today for me.. leading the children's song "Grateful"--ok, not deep worship, but our preschoolers enjoyed this song so much during family camp, and I asked them to bring these kids in during the opening part of worship for them to participate with us. Actually, they arrived in the early part of worship and you should have seen their faces. My little worship friend (FRIEND OF GOD post) saw me and she just smiled. It brought a smile to my face too. Actually I saw more smiles during this point of worship than the upbeat praise part of our services. I asked them at the end if they'd lost a friend this week--so many sad faces and no clappers! (Do you ever wonder why people don't clap along with music in worship--more than 16-24 beats)

Here's today set:
Call to Worship (Spoken) Psalm 34
1 [a] I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
2 My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
3 Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.
Come Thou Fount, Come Thou King (Itunes)
Here Our Praises

Welcome
Grateful- Kids helped us sing
Family Camp Recognition--we gave family pictures taken at camp with the mattes we had signed with our family goals and ideas on them.
You Never Let Go
God of Wonders

Interview with 3 Dads who had a significant event at Family Camp
Message
What Can I Do

So how was your Sunday. I won't post a set list next Sunday since I'm on vacation and will be a worshipper only next Sunday at a church with my family.

This post is part of Fred McKinnon's SUNDAY SET LIST

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim,
Thanks as always for being a part of Sunday Setlists!

For the Kingdom,
Fred McKinnon
www.fredmckinnon.com
www.theworshipcommunity.com

Anonymous said...

Wonderful set! Paul Baloche's "What Can I Do" is one of my favorite songs!