Worship Post-Fessional, August 31, 2008

Worship Set-8/31
Great Things (Maher)- (Itunes) I've been waiting to do this song since I heard it in February at Recreate. We'll sing it through the fall. It was great--if you haven't done this song-do it!
Your Grace Is Enough (Maher)
Welcome
One Thing (Hall)-this one has been a theme song for us in 2008 ('to know you oh Jesus and make you known)
Video--No Man Is An Island (Sermon Spice)
Message--Enemies of Community--Self-Centeredness
Center (Hall) (Itunes)-New one this week--done as a response song and we'll sing it too through the Fall
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus (Chorus)
From The Inside Out (Houston) (Itunes)
What was your highlight today?
This post is part of Sunday Set Lists over on Fred McKinnon's site.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the message topic sounds like a great one!

Two of my favorite songs (I have sooo many...) are "Your Grace Is Enough" and "From the Inside Out."

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

Agnus Dei rocked the house!
Jim,
What does your worship team consist off? How would you descibe you the worship style at your church?

Jim Drake said...

dorothy

we have two services
early is traditional in the chapel (piano/organ/me lead)
late is contemporary. (keys, bass, ac guitar, drum, flute and 4-5 singers)

Gary Durbin said...

We really hit on selfishness today as well. Center is such a great, solid song.

Jim Drake said...

Gary

Center was new to me--and I was unsure how it would feel and fit with us--but it worked. I think it will be a new favorite with our folks.

thanks for the comments

Beth said...

Hi Jim...wandered over here from Fred McKinnon's place. We did 'Great Things' yesterday, too - and I love the rest of your set. Resonates with me.

Love your blog, I'll be back...have a great day!

Jim Drake said...

Beth

Thanks for stopping by.. I've linked to you.