Why Do I Blog?

Why do I blog?  This post has been on a list of things to blog about for a long time.  Now seems the time to talk about why I've been doing this for almost 2 years now.  Here are the top three:

1.  Information to friends and family
My blog initially began with my trip to Rome in September of 2006.  Friends and family could keep up with my adventures while abroad and I have used it subsequently in Guatemala, India, London, Paris and other places.  My friends know when I'm on a trip, I'll blog about it and it helps them share the journey.


2.  Creative outlet
My blog has afforded me a chance to discuss and display some of the things that I do and that I find interesting in my life.  I likened it to my 4th grade project where I had a bulletin board in a room where I could display anything that I wanted.  So, in a way, this blog is my new bulletin board.   It's a place where I can comment about things I see, things I read, things I'm thinking about or things that are going on in my life.

3.  Forum for ideas
Blogging has afforded me a chance to connect with other creatives across the world.  By being a regular blogger and contributing posts to several forums, I've exchanged ideas with others in the same field or interest that I otherwise would not have connected to.

So, tell me--why do you blog?   Read the blog below--Bethany Gaddis tells you why she does.

0 comments: