The Lost Day

Inevitably when you travel, some sort of bug or transition period will happen to you physically. It’s the sort of thing that you know is coming--and there isn’t anything you can really do anything about.

Thursday evening I noticed that I was feeling a little bit “rocky” in my stomach. This turned into full scale war in my tummy during the night. I was chilled and achy. But you have to solider on and I kept on going to the next day’s activites.

The Friday schedule was pretty light. We only had Cairo Museum. However, I didn’t know that the Cairo Museum was completely unairconditioned. It was hot in there!

I made it through that ordeal and finally decided to stay on the bus (air conditioned) during the lunch hour. It was then that I really decided that I was sick.

When the group returned to the bus they said I was white as a sheet. They gave me some magical pills that help “antiseptic” the stomach of the bad microbes that were waring with my good ones. Within about 20 minutes I was feeling better, but oh so weak. I slept in the airport and waited to board our trip to Luxor.

Needless to say when we got to Luxor about 5PM my aim and goal was to get to the bed as fast as I could. I was asleep by 6:30 PM and didn’t awake until the phone call at 4:45 AM.

You won’t see many pictures from this day. 1) They didn’t allow pics inside the Cairo Musuem and 2) I didn’t feel like taking any.

0 comments: