One Year Ago Today--Bubbie, we miss you

One year ago today we said goodbye to our dog Bubbie.  I know it's silly to remember such dates, but it was a milestone in our life as a family.

Bubbie was given to us by our first church's youth group as we left that church to go to our first full-time position in ministry.  He was  just six week old black as coal little pound puppy when we got him.  In fact, he slept in an old card board box with a towel because he was so little.  He got lost in tall grass in our backyard because of his size.  He was our first baby.

There have been many times in this past year when I would go out in the backyard and think that I would see him sitting underneath the tree or lounging on the back porch.   He was 15 (almost 16 years old) when we had to make the decision to put him down due to poor health.

We miss him and have yet to replace him in our family life.  Today we remember him. He was a good dog.

4 comments:

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

Jim,
My heart is with you today.
I totally understand.
I wake up every morning and watch my oldest dog sleeping, watching and waiting for her to breath. Puffin is almost 19 years old. She is blind, deaf, has vertigo and dementia. But, the doctor says she is still in good health otherwise.
I think dogs are sort of like Jesus, their love for us is perfect.

Darla said...

i'm really glad you shared this. we just went through this a few weeks back and it's still fresh on my heart. *nearly had tears reading about Bubbie* i know you guys miss him.

Diane said...

I can't believe it has been a year since we lost Bubbie. I still love him.

Anonymous said...

Jim--same thing happened to us fall 2006--one of the most painful experiences of my life--Sebastian was almost 17--however, we now have Samson who is a one year old Peekapoo (mostly poo!) and although he doesn't play quite the way Sebastian did, he is very lovable and a great new member of the family!

Randall