Today I had to stop
and think about everything that I did :
1. Worship Pastor
2. Videographer and later will be Video Editor
3. Choral Clinician (for the local HS choir going to contest)
4. Sr. Adult Choir leader (visit a nursing home to sing)
5. Graphic Designer (for next sermon series)
6. Audio Engineer (uploading sermon from Sunday--so
rry I'm late)
7. Web Engineer (a new one--guess I'm the new web guru)
8. Keyboardist (I'm playing and leading from keys this week)
9. Choir leader ( led choir practice tonight)
10. I'm sure there's something I left out--oh yeah--COUNSELOR.
10 different hats in one day. No wonder I come home tired; feel distracted; feel like I'm always chasing something and accomplishing little.
Back in 2003 I heard Andy Stanley talk about getting to your sweet spot in Ministry. It was one of those talks that captures your heart and imagination and I was spellbound because he was speaking to my heart. I want to get to that SWEET SPOT--to spend my time and talents on the things that make my heart come alive. I was naive to believe in 2003 that this was possible--so I set out on a journey to make this so in my life. It still hasn't happened.
I asked a friend online today if you ever get to be in your SWEET SPOT. She responded--only if you are in a church that allows it and believes in your sweet spot. Her reply was "usually they buy 1 and get 8". It wasn't very encouraging.
How would you say is the best way to get to your SWEET SPOT! I'm open to suggestions.