How To Build Community With Twitter

This is an excellent article in how to build community using Twitter.

The raging debate at the Church Tech Camp I attended last week in Irving was "Can you build community with online social media?". You can read some responses here how Twitter has impacted lives because of community:


I'm reading this book now and have set up an account for us to use in the future (unfortunately I'm the only Twitter bug on staff and by Twitter Grader--I'm the only one in my town!). Hopefully in 2009--more will join me.

So, do you Twitter? You can follow me here.

5 comments:

Matt MacDonald said...

i want to get twitter but am worried.

1) it seems it hasn't 'trended' its way to Canada yet..

2) i'm not sure if its worth it, or just another distraction...

Jim Drake said...

Matt
Thanks for the comment. Check out Chris Vacher (a fellow Canadian)at @chrisfromcanada... he could give you a better feel for what's happening in the Twitterverse up there.

Distraction--can be-but I check in and out all day long--briefly read or comment. mostly catch up at night like a feed reader.

Blessings
Jim

Jim Drake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Jim...just added ya to my blogroll and RSS
looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks!

Jim Drake said...

Me to Joel---ready for my blog world and my twitter world to collide.

Praying for you today!