Where To Find the Bread-Resources for Creatives

Every creative is always looking for great resources to jump start their projects or to inspire their creativity. I thought I'd title this series "WHERE TO FIND THE BREAD" and just let you take a peek into my pantry of resources that I've collected in the last few years. It seems that just a few years ago I was only having to worry about resources for music. That's not true anymore. Today I have to look for resources in: MEDIA, MUSIC, SOUND, PRODUCTION and more. Much more than just the latest anthem.

Today: STOCKEXCHANGE (Free Stock Photos)

Increasingly every church is having to come to grips with the visual revolution taking place. Even the smallest of churches and venues have to have backgrounds for powerpoint or some other media program. Where do you go after all of the stock MICROSOFT backgrounds have become stale. Here's a place that I've found to be a great resource for graphics.
Gathered here are a ton of pictures that are available for your use on websites, blogs, print pieces, cards and more. Most of them are carried under the Creative Common License where you are granted use in any number of forms. Very few of them require permission from the creator to use, but in those chances that you have to ask permission it is easily obtained.

When we needed a quick graphic and look for our last series CELEBRATE, I went here!

It gave us that VECTOR look that is popular and a quick color scheme that we carried forward with the stage pieces. We just enlarged them to 44x84 (almost 4X8) and attached them to stiff insulation board. It was a quick answer to our graphic needs over the holidays.

I like to browse through Stockexchange (abstracts, architectural, etc) and be inspired by the artists there. If I find an artist that I connect with their pieces--I look at the whole gallery to see if there's something else. Invariably, I will see something there that I connected with on another search. Seems like your eye is always drawn to the artists who speak to you.

It's a great resource and it's free. The graphic quality is amazing as they give LARGE files to print from for great quality and clarity. Check them out.

Where do you find your graphics/visuals?


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that site! One of our pastors shared it with me not long ago and I was happy to have found it. We found some great backgrounds for Powerpoint to display songs and stuff as well. Good stuff!