Worship Confessional, January 25,2009

We're back in two worship services now.  In two weeks the later service will shift back to a more blended style of worship like we've been doing the last three week.
This was also the concluding services for our Discipleship Now Weekend.  The Jeff Johnson Band led us in the later service.

Early services:
To God Be The Glory
He Keeps Me Singing
Wonderful Wonderful Jesus
Special-Sr. Adult Choir--"The Church In The Wildwood"

Later Service
Here Is Our King
Marvelous Light
Baptism--I got to baptize my Office Assistant, Selena Messenger--what a joy!
Video Wrap up of the weekend
Testimonies 
You Are God Alone (Not A God)
I Stand In Awe
Mighty To Save
Ky Martin preached.
Glorious Day--old hymn with new tune that is title of Jeff's album, GLORIOUS DAY.
We sent out a letter this week detailing what the services will look like for the next few weeks. Today was "LOUD" and we knew it would be, so we did some advance notification.  It worked for the majority of folks, but some evidently didn't ge the message.  And, they were vocal!  If I heard one more comment about the volume, I was going to scream.  Why is it that people feel it necessary to give their opinion over and over again like it hasn't been told to you and they feel it is their spiritual duty to let you know?  

I spent the day in the back with the Tech team.  I did CG and called the video shots today.  I had more fun with those guys just sensing the spirit in the service and creating moments.  I loved it!

Again, POWERPOINT is lousy for media presentation and I was having the ongoing issue with MEDIA SHOUT and POWERPOINT arguing over who had rights to the monitor and display. Always something isn't it?

Next week I'm at Crosspoint in Nashville with Pete Wilson.  I can't wait. My friend Rich Smith will lead here in my place.

This blog is part of Sunday Set Lists over on Fred McKinnon's site.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

We enjoyed the whole weekend and I thought worship was great today! I love seeing my 8th grade daughter and her friends look forward to worship with new enthusiasm!!! Wouldn't it be nice if they could worship LOUD and in a style that appeals to them more often? (They don't get to complain and have the service changed, they just quit coming to church.)
We have been a part of a younger church in the past, but I really value a multi-generational congregation - the problem is how do you possibly meet the wide range of worship styles - have 3 separate service every week? The 4th grader our family has been reaching out to and bringing to church was really depressed today and wouldn't go to her Bible Study class - She really didn't want to go to the service but I pushed it and I'm so glad. She was soooo excited about the music today! She begged for a CD which I bought for her of course - and she went to every band member and had them sign the CD which she promplty put in my CD player and sang along with whenever we were in the car this afternoon. She listened to Glorious Day first because she remembered it from the service.

She and my 8th grader are gonna feel a little disappointed next week I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

Baptizing someone you know and care about...you could sing Row, Row, Row Your Boat, and it would still be an awesome time. That is great news. I'm sure it was a super time for you. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

We did "Mighty to Save" this weekend also!