IDEA-Who Do You Say I Am!

Apologies to those of you who clicked on this link last night or early this morning--I forgot this was to post and hadn't finished it.

One of the most successful series that we've had here at FBC was our WHO DO YOU SAY I AM? series where we looked at the IAM statements Jesus made about himself.

We carried this out through several large visuals and visuals through out the church plant.

These mosaics of Jesus were made from images that we collected (both classic and contemporary) from different church resources. Some of them were famous art pieces, some scultptures, some drawings, and others just personal representations of the Christ. We printed them on an 11X17 printer and mounted them to large box frames. Some simple deco'pauge and stain gave us the "old world" look we were after.

Other service elements:
"I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE"--Lord's supper day with the smell of bread in the Worship Center
"I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD"--room darkened, heavy use of candles.
"I AM THE GATE"---hughe metal gates on stage
"I AM THE GOOD SHEPHERD"--use of a real Shepherd's crook to illustrate his care over the flock.

These were some of our first interactive services here and are still remembered. Just passing the bread along to my brothers and sisters out there--hope you find this helpful.

0 comments: