I'm Dating My Daughter!

Now that the title has sparked your attention ( please don't call CPS!), I thought I would tell you about a standing date I have every Friday.  My daughter won't let me out of it (unless I'm out of town).  It's a standing date.
My oldest is a sophomore in High school.  She definitely doesn't like the food at school, so we meet every Friday at 11:35 am to go somewhere for lunch.  It's usually her pick, but I get my choices in there every once in a while.  She's a fan of Chicken Express!  I can't get her to go to Long John Jimmy's (Long John Silver)
We talk about life, school or just about nothing.  There are times when it's just silence and that's ok.  I want her to know that I'm there--good, bad or ugly.  Usually I'm the one getting the lecture on trying to be "too cool."  Regardless it's 20 minutes of interrupted Dad/Daughter connection that I cherish!

Do you take time with each of your children?  
I'm realizing that my time with this one is fleeting fast.  These dates won't last long--soon another man will be dating my daughter.

1 comments:

Darla said...

aww...*tear* it's true, what a blessing Jim to do this with your daughter. she is an amazing girl.