A Salute To Henry

I was saddened today to hear that Henry Rayburn, artist and brother of my good friend Byron Rayburne had passed away. He will be missed.
Henry was an accomplished artist who came at his art from several directions. He drew upon his simple upbringing in Central Texas, his world travels through the Peace Corps and also his experience as an architect.

The pictures above are the exterior of the Maury Maverick Jr. Library where Henry combined his love of collage and architecture together. Also versed in mixed media, Henry's works were shown across the US in several galleries.

I only met Henry a couple of times at family events. I wish that I had spent more time getting to know this creative. He will be truly missed by his family and by the artistic community he influenced for the last 30 years.

Be sure and check out Henry's blog and see his gallery. Now that he is gone--this is his legacy to the art world.

So long Henry--enjoy the beauty of heaven.

0 comments: