Put On A Happy Face- Local Church Impacts Theater

I had the privilege tonight to attend the performance of BYE BYE BIRDIE performed by the Steeple Players in Hendersonville. 
Celebrating their 15th year the company began in the building of First United Methodist in Hendersonville as a ministry to provide a place for family entertainment and also a play for actors and people of faith to come together to provide art for their community. I think they've succeeded.

The cast was a mixture of young and old, and to the sold out crowd it was a most enjoyable evening. Bravo to the company of Steeple Players for a great evening.

Whenever I travel I try to pick up an evening or event of culture in the area. It began back in 2007 when I went to Grand Rapids for the Daybreak Conference and saw this play and this play in the area. Grand Rapids has 8 resident theater companies, not to mention a ballet and symphony. Talk about an arts community.  

When I go to these things I get inspired at what my community could do if we could all get together and express our art-thus impacting our culture.

What about it? Want to join me?

2 comments:

DGosselin said...

As one of the actors in this production of "Bye Bye Birdie", I just wanted to thank you for the nice compliment. This has been a fun show for all of us.

Jim Drake said...

TNMom47

My pleasure to give credit where credit is due. I'm here in Nashville this week with a bunch of Artists who are impacting their community through the arts--you are already doing that and I'm telling on you guys.

Keep up the good work!