I Think I Rocked Their World

You know sometimes it just comes out... the truth and the passion about a situation that you are very familiar with.  And sometime after the conversation you stop and think "Oops..I might have been a little too raw with my emotions there."

That happened today with some friends.  We got to talking about a related situation with a friend of mine (one that I'm all too familiar with in church life) and I began to peel back the veneer of church life as a minister.  It's not always pretty. 

There are things that happen and they are not always godly and not always handled in a God glorifying manner.   As we told them our story, things that had transpired in our lives, they were shocked, never having heard some of it that happens to people called to ministry.  I think their world was rocked today.  But I think they'll be ok.

Tell me--would you ever dare to share your deepest hurts in ministry with those you serve?  Do you have to wait until the next place of service?   Do you just trust them to the Lord and move on?   Let's talk!


0 comments: