"In Sickness and In Health"

If you've been reading my Tweets and my Facebook updates over the weekend you know by now that Diane (my better half) has the Flu.  It was confirmed in a visit to the Dr. this morning.
When Mom is sick it throws the whole family out of kilter.  Daniel got up this morning for breakfast and was rummaging around for a bowl. As he headed toward the "dirty" dishwasher  I said "No bowls are clean."  He scowled  "Mom always has clean bowls for us."   
I did the best I could as "Dad-Mom" again.  Diane called from the Dr. and they had given her a strong shot to knock her out so she could sleep.   Needless to say--I was running around and around today.

Tonight it's off to Daniel's game, get Mattie to play practice and cook some dinner.  I really did mean it when I said those words  "In sickness and in health"--but I'm pooped!

3 comments:

Sarah Victoria said...

I bet your doing a great job being "Mr.mom" I'll try to find some more odd balls too!

Unknown said...

Bummer! Hope she feels better soon. And thanks for all you're doing, Jim, even if it is sub-par... :) Thinking about you all!

Unknown said...

I certainly feel for you and your family. Hope you do not get it and that you are able to be supportive and helpful until your wife recovers. As a minister, I am sure that you have visited many very sick people in hospitals and said a simple prayer like, "Please help me not catch anything while ministering to your people." Just keep saying that prayer.