Worship Confessional, February 8, 2009

Well, it's been two weeks since I've been "in the saddle" for worship leadership.  I can tell you that I needed a break and it came along at the right time.  Disciple Now was two weeks ago and then I attended Crosspoint last weekend.  I'm grateful that my church allows us to take a Sunday and visit other places, not only to see what's happening--but to just to be worshipers!  That's what it was for me.  I can tell a difference in my spirit in leadership today.
Set:
Redeemed (Brentwood Benson-Contemporary Hymns)- One of my favorite old hymns, very up!
Your Grace Is Enough (Maher)
Turn/Greet
Baptism
Welcome
Father Spirit Jesus (Casting Crowns)
Jesus Paid It All (Stanfill)
Salvation Belongs To Our God 
Message
Interview with parents of Adopted children (part of message)
We showed this video clip to close the service--making the point about adoption.
Once Again (Redman)
The Stand (Houston)--just taught them the pre-chorus and chorus this week.

How was your day?

This post is part of Sunday Set Lists over on Fred McKinnon's site.

6 comments:

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

Three cheers for those people. That was a wonderful clip...

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back in it - great seeing you again at re:create!

For the Kingdom,
Fred McKinnon
www.fredmckinnon.com
www.theworshipcommunity.com

Louise Knight said...

A break is so important, isn't it? I feel similarly to you when I get back from one...there's just a freshness. Glad that you got the opportunity.

We also did The Stand. It's pretty new for us and we flaked on the "I'll Stand" a bit, but the rest was great.

Michael J Mahoney said...

Bro, that's a great set! There are some songs that I love in there, especially "Your Grace is Enough" and "The Stand." Very cool.

Anonymous said...

Love "Jesus paid it all"!
Thanks for sharing the video.

Kendall Massey said...

Fred,

Thanks for following my blog. Following yours :-)

Glad you had a break. It is so important to get refreshed. It can make a real difference for you and for the body.

Seems like a nice set. Love "Jesus Paid it All" Much easier to sing in that key ( I'm a high tenor - but the body just quits... you know?)

Tell me about the song you're teaching... How is it being received?

Thanks again and may God bless your week!