Twitter- Finding Your Next Pastor

This message popped up in my reader today:
@fbcjdrake thanks for your recommendation of @___________.It was one of the many confirmations that God was at work in the process

Some weeks ago I began following a fellow minister.  He "tweeted" that they were looking for a minister in their church.  Just so happens that I know several ministers and one in particular was looking for God's direction.  I gave my new "Twitter" buddy this friend's name.   As of today that friend now has a new ministry field beginning March 1.  God even uses Twitter!   This was only one of several incidences where the new network of Web 2.0 connected this friend with this same ministry opportunity.

It could be in the future that churches will connect to ministers and pastors first on social media networks long before they get a resume from them.  Possibly they could connect with them even before they're looking--by reading their tweets and listening to their sermons.  Who knows?  That's just one possibility.

I continually say that if you aren't connected using some social media format (Twitter, Facebook, etc) you're not aware of the rising tide and coming wave that will carry the information age to another level.  Twitter isn't for everyone, but it continually amazes me that these connections take place-so quickly and easily.   I'm meeting people all over the world (artists, graphics designers, photographers, musicians, ministers, leaders and more) and we're talking about what's coming.

So, I ask you again--Do you Twitter?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know it!

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

coneections...is what it is all about.
I can't imagine what my life would be like with having met you out here.

Jim Drake said...

Tyler---everyday the connections made on Twitter, FB, Blogging and such become bigger--I just can't imagine not being in the water right now and seeing where God takes this thing for His Kingdom. He's connecting people all over the place.

Have a great day!

Jim Drake said...

Dorothy

Thanks for your work on Creative fuZion... I'll be more faithful to participate here in the coming weeks.

Read what i wrote to Tyler.. God is connecting people (leaders in His churches) for something big. I can sense it.

Hey--think about this. What about a Visuals (Creative fuZion) Summit. Where you get all of your visual buds together for a time of sharing/exchanging ideas/ etc. Just a thought.