A New Association

There's something new and exciting happening among ministers and ministries today.  I believe that God is doing something new as connections are made not only locally, but regionally and even globally among parts of the church who have never communicated before.In days past local ministries partnered with local ministries and on occaision got together with state and maybe national like-minded ministers.  All of this was very informal and very sporadic--maybe seeing each other at local events or organized gatherings of these bodies.  And that was the extent of the connection between these partners.
Fast forward to today when ministries are connecting with each other at lightening speed thanks to Twitter, Facebook, Blogs and Web Sites.  For example:
I can connect to Mark Jaffrey in Cairo, Ally Simpson in Ireland, Chris Vacher in Canada,
and Francis Castinada in Peru as well as Fred McKinnon in Georgia or Joel Klampert in Rhode Island.   I can share a creative idea with Dorothy or ask a question of John or bounce an idea off of Randy or gain a word of encouragement from Pete or Dan.  There are many others that I could list here but for the sake of space and time I won't.
You see, as a minister your network has the capacity to be as big or as small as you want it.  However, I believe that if you are not expanding your network and learning from people like this, you are the one missing out on what God is doing.  God is truly connecting churches in ways like never before.  I wonder what He's up to?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great thoughts, Jim! I was just thinking yesterday... what would we all do if the internet went away. poof. gone. I would lose my tribe!

Jim Drake said...

kim
didn't mean to leave you out.. forgive? I just ordered Seth Godins TRIBE.. and I love that you have used that word--TRIBE--that's what we are!