Art of Family-- Raising The Next Generation of Artists

It's been a while since I featured any art from my family.

I came home tonight and found this drawing on the counter. It was Daniel's Perspective project from school. They've been teaching them in art to draw from perspective.

He tells me that he's interested in art next year in Junior High (hasn't really shown an interest in Band or choir although he's driving us crazy with his recorder these days). I think the boy may have some drawing talent. What do you think?

Ok, your turn. Let me see some of the art your children are creating. If we don't encourage the next generation to express their art--we won't have any artists.



3 comments:

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

Jim,
Your son has great perspective. Wow!
It is so important to encouage the next generation...
Nothing ticked me more than my grandson added his rocks from his rock collection to worship not long ago. He did it for three weeks and was so serious about it.
I will find more ways for him to contribute.
I love that after worship each Sunday the kids like to come up to the stage, come onstge and look around, even ask to play the instruments (with permission).

katdish said...

YES! I have an 11 year old son and a 7 year old daughter. My son is not very interested in art, but he has other gifts. My daughter (in my very biased opinion) really has some artistic talent. When I was a kid, the best thing ever was a new box of crayons. My parents never really encouraged me to pursue the arts. I ended up spending my 20's at a desk job that I hated. It wasn't until I had my first child and I hired a mural artist to paint his room that I realized, "Hey, I can do that!" And so I do...

I'm looking forward to checking out your blog! Looks like it's right up my alley!

Jim Drake said...

katdish...

welcome and thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. do you have a blog?

just sharing what's real here in my own life.. take what you wish!