Performer or Worship Leader?



This is an excellent video by Paul Baloche, one of my favorite writer/leaders, as he talks about worship leadership and the claim that sometimes it's performance and not leadership.

I get that response from time to time and I tell people that if I'm performing for you then you need to ask me for a refund.  I'm not a performer  but listen to Paul say that there is a performance "element" of playing an instrument or singing.  That's just inherent.

I like what he says about practicing your "craft" privately during the week.  I do that as I go into the worship center to play through and think through the flow of worship.  It's some of the sweetest times during my week as I sing through and imagine what God is going to do in that service.

So, do you think it's performance or worship leadership? I'm dying to know.

0 comments: